Government of India
Department of Personnel & Training
Estt (Pay-I) Section. New Delhi
dated the 3oth March. 2010
Subject: Guidelines for fixation of pay of candidates working in Public Sector Undertakings etc., recommended for appointment by the Commission by the method of recruitment by selection - regarding.
Reference is invited to this Department's OMS No. 12/1/88-Pay-I dated 7.8.89 and 12/1/96-Pay-I dated 10.7.98, whereby guidelines for fixation of pay of candidates working in Public Sector Undertakings etc., recommended for appointment by the Commission by the method of recruitment by selection through interview only, were issued.
2. Subsequent to the implementation of the recommendations of the 6Ih CPC and the issue of CCS(RP) Rules 2008, the system of Running Pay Bands and Grade Pays has been introduced. Accordingly, in partial modification of this Department's OM dated 7.8.89 and 10.7.98 referred to above, the method of pay fixation in respect of those appointed on or after 1.1.2006 will be as under:
"In case of candidates working in Public Sector Undertakings, Universities, Semi- Government Institutions or Autonomous Bodies, who are appointed as direct recruits on or after 1.1.2006 on selection through interview by a properly constituted agency including Departmental Authorities making recruitment directly, their initial pay may be fixed by granting them the Grade Pay attached to the post. Further, their pay in the Pay Band may be fixed at a stage so that the pay in the Pay Band +Grade Pay and DA as admissible in the government, protects the pay +DA already being drawn by them in their parent ofganisations. The pay in the Pay Band fixed under this formulation will not be fixed at a stage lower than Entry Pay in the Revised Pay Structure (corresponding to the Grade Pay applicable to the post) for direct recruits on or after 1.1.2006 as notified vide Section 11, Part A of First Schedule to CCS(RP) Rules, 2008. The pay in the Pay
Band fixed under this formulation will not exceed Rs. 67000, the maximum of the Pay Band PB-4."
3. The conditions for admissibility of pay protection shall be the same as stipulated in this Department's OMS dated 7.8.89 and 10.7.98 referred to above.
4. In so far as persons serving in the India Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders are issued with the concurrence of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
5. These orders will be applicable w.e.f. 1.1.2006
1. All Ministries / Departments of the Govt. of India, etc.